Colombia Country Manager
The goal for this role is to manage the company’s operations in Colombia, including the accurate and timely execution of all feasible projects and related ongoing support and infrastructure building activities (i.e. establishing clinical sites, hiring sufficient personnel, biospecimen management, and project fulfillment to customers).
- Act as Audubon Bioscience (AUD) business and legal representative in Colombia.
- Uphold and promote Audubon Bioscience values, mission, vision, and goals.
- Lead AUD operations in Colombia with a persistent drive for positive outcomes across all work engagements and interfaces.
- Ensure all work, responsibilities, and accountabilities are executed within AUD efficiency and Quality expectations. Delegate work to reflect staff empowerment without undue risk to operations.
- Search and attract new partner clinics and doctors to support project demand and potential for future growth.
- Search for and establish working relations with necessary support vendors and service providers (i.e. analytical/diagnostic labs, consumables suppliers, equipment maintenance providers, etc.).
- Negotiate, consult, and act as AUD signatory on contracts with clinics, doctors, vendors, and service providers.
- Develop and execute the yearly business plan (own P&L) for AUD Colombia
- Ensure a process for adaptation of project documentation to the local Spanish language
- Train and ensure training process for local AUD staff, site staff, and medical personnel on AUD processes and project requirements as necessary for successful work and project fulfillment.
- Oversee the coordination of all work, both delegated to clinics and sites and assigned to AUD company/staff ensuring the successful collection of biosamples and related documents and data as outlined in project requirements and AUD processes.
- Ensure processes and compliance for accurate storage and successful transportation logistics of biospecimens and project shipments across all stages of AUD operations and project scopes.
- Ensure Regulatory and Quality compliance across AUD Colombia operations. Collaborate with Quality and Legal/Regulatory departments and AUD leadership to achieve desired outcomes and compliance (includes obtaining necessary ethics approvals, operations, and quality certifications, and legal operating licenses for all aspects of project work and material handling).
- Ensure AUD office safety compliance and staff safety as necessary for their roles and office security.
- Ensure AUD office is kept orderly and clean, respecting local operating codes and professional expectations
- Ensure AUD office is appropriately stocked with office and lab supplies for efficient and comfortable operations.
- Conduct financial planning and accounting for AUD operations in Colombia, including maintaining accurate financial records and producing financial reporting as requested.
- Make payments to vendors, service providers, clinics/sites, and doctors in an accurate and timely manner. Advise leadership of any potential challenges to financial expectations.
- Ensure establishment, maintenance, and security of an up-to-date database of all Colombia operations, including contacts, clinics, sites, doctors, vendors, executed and ongoing projects, financial transactions, certifications, ethics approvals, regulatory documents, licenses, etc. and prepare related analytical reports as requested.
- Represent AUD Colombia operations in client and regulatory audits.
- Look for improvement opportunities across the scope of responsibilities and advise the leadership of such activities.
- Ensure successful local implementation of AUD processes, initiatives, systems, and e-systems, including acting as the local champion for larger initiatives.
- Make decision on local headcount and need for new staff; when required, with the support of AUD Corporate office search for and hire new employees to ensure successful onboarding, including training and ongoing management and mentoring.
- Participate in role-related AUD meetings as requested (including presenting updates on Country operations, project activity, and other work as directed).
- Participate in and contribute to knowledge sharing and lessons learned activities.
- Interface with role-related AUD e-systems as required – facilitating implementation and ongoing work.
- Conduct external presentations as an AUD representative as required or requested to facilitate AUD operations and growth in Colombia.
- Education in the field of medicine, pharmacology or biology.
- Additional education in business areas is a significant plus.
- Experience in the medical business with competencies in management skills and operational planning – at least 3 years in the position of manager.
- Balanced ambitiousness and target-oriented approach. The desire for professional growth.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills needed for negotiations, presentations.
- Self-organization, creativity and analytical skills, ability to complete tasks on time.
- Management and leadership skills (ability to distribute responsibilities, delegate authority).
- Knowledge of English not lower than upper-intermediate level. Spanish language – native.
- Willingness to business trips within Colombia as needed.
- Strong IT skills: knowledge of Windows, MS Office, and Google Suite.
The company offers:
- Full time position in a fast growing business of biotechnology
- Excellent professional and career opportunities
- Open-minded executive management
- Friendly and supportive team
- Intellectually stimulating training from the best providers in biobanking field
- Attractive salary package and bonuses
- Fully paid vacation and sick leave
- Opportunity to combine work from office and from home
Audubon Bioscience is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, disability, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.