Turkey Country Manager
The goal for this role is to manage the company’s operations in Turkey, including the accurate and timely execution of all feasible projects and related ongoing support and infrastructure building activities (i.e. establishing clinical sites, hiring sufficient personnel, biospecimen management, and project fulfillment to customers).
- Act as AUD business and legal representative in Turkey.
- Lead AUD operations in Turkey with a persistent drive for positive outcomes across all work engagements and interfaces.
- Search and attract new partner clinics and doctors to support project demand and potential for future growth.
- Search for and establish working relations with necessary support vendors and service providers (i.e. analytical/diagnostic labs, consumables suppliers, equipment maintenance providers, etc.).
- Negotiate, consult, and act as AUD signatory on contracts with clinics, doctors, vendors, and service providers.
- Develop and execute the yearly business plan (own P&L) for Turkey.
- Train and ensure training process for local AUD staff, site staff, and medical personnel on AUD processes and project requirements as necessary for successful work and project fulfillment.
- Oversee the coordination of all work, both delegated to clinics and sites and assigned to AUD company/staff ensuring the successful collection of biosamples and related documents and data as outlined in project requirements and AUD processes.
- Ensure Regulatory and Quality compliance across AUD Turkey operations. Collaborate with Quality and Legal/Regulatory departments and AUD leadership to achieve desired outcomes and compliance (includes obtaining necessary ethics approvals, operations, and quality certifications, and legal operating licenses for all aspects of project work and material handling).
- Conduct budget planning and keeping records for AUD operations in Turkey.
- Ensure payments to vendors, service providers, clinics/sites, and doctors in an accurate and timely manner. Advise leadership of any potential challenges to financial expectations.
- Ensure establishment, maintenance, and security of an up-to-date database of all Turkey operations, including contacts, clinics, sites, doctors, vendors, executed and ongoing projects, financial transactions, certifications, ethics approvals, regulatory documents, licenses, etc. and prepare related analytical reports as requested.
- Ensure successful local implementation of AUD processes, initiatives, systems, and e-systems, including acting as the local champion for larger initiatives.
- Make decisions on local headcount and need for new staff; when required, with the support of AUD Corporate office search for and hire new employees to ensure successful onboarding, including training and ongoing management and mentoring.
- Education in the field of medicine, pharmacology or biology.
- Additional education in business areas is a significant plus.
- Experience in the medical business with competencies in management skills and operational planning – at least 3 years in the position of manager.
- Balanced ambitiousness and target-oriented approach. The desire for professional growth.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills needed for negotiations, presentations.
- Self-organization, creativity and analytical skills, ability to complete tasks on time.
- Management and leadership skills (ability to distribute responsibilities, delegate authority).
- Knowledge of English not lower than upper-intermediate level. Turkish language – native.
- Willingness to business trips within the Country as needed.
- Strong IT skills: knowledge of Windows, MS Office, and Google Suite.
The company offers:
- Full time position in a fast growing business of biotechnology
- Excellent professional and career opportunities
- Open-minded executive management
- Friendly and supportive team
- Intellectually stimulating training from the best providers in biobanking field
- Attractive salary package and bonuses
- Fully paid vacation and sick leave
- Opportunity to combine work from office and from home
Audubon Bioscience is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, disability, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.