The Biorepository Technician will provide leadership and guidance for ensuring consistent oversight and execution of sample management, storage, and research processing in support of company priorities and objectives and will ensure compliance with regulatory, state, and local standards.
- Receive shipments of blood/biofluid/tissue biospecimens
- QA/QC the biospecimens re-organize & pack for shipment to clients
- Correct shipment manifests to reflect QC findings and communicate discrepancies to Project Managers.
- Upload data related to the biospecimens in the data system/excel
- Replenish dry ice & send out biospecimens via delivery service
- Organize planned shipments with couriers and our logistics team with applicable documentation
- Notify the Logistics Team and Project Manager of the shipment and send the manifest for approval more than 24 hours before shipment.
- Drop off FFPE slides for histologic services
- Drop off QA/QC FFPE slides for pathologic review
- Pick up QA/QC FFPE slides from the pathologic review
- Input data related to FFPE block quality, % tumor, and % necrosis into data system/excel
- Keep inventory updated related to internal specimens stored at New Orleans (NOBIC) location
- Assist with the coordination/pick up of fresh cases at local New Orleans facilities
- Assembly of collection kits, supply management/ordering supplies
- Oversee tracking file related to specimen IDs, kit location, expiration of supplies
- Draft safety and laboratory guidelines for NOBIC site and keep regulatory documents related to general safety, MSDS, kit supplies/project outlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in biomedical sciences or related scientific discipline.
- Proven experience as a strong collaborator, effective at influencing internally and externally, and proactive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be flexible/fluid in a startup company setting
- Demonstrated past work experience in a highly regulated environment (GMP or GLP)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills required.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, critical thinking ability, problem-solving skills, and ability to make independent decisions
The company offers:
- Full-time position in a fast-growing business of biotechnology
- Excellent professional and career opportunities
- Open-minded executive management
- Friendly and supportive team
- Intellectually stimulating training from the best providers in the biobanking field
- Attractive salary package
- Benefits: health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, 401(k)
- Fully paid vacation and sick leave
Audubon Bioscience is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, disability, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.