You are at the front lines of the digital health revolution. You’ll join a top talent, fun, diverse, tight-knit team of experienced professionals who have worked in healthcare, technology, and consumer across multiple functions. We think big and bold, and relentlessly execute.
You contribute across our product software stack. You work hand-in-hand with product managers, algorithm developers and application engineers to efficiently implement and deploy new product features. You show creative thinking and proactively come up with ideas and strategies to improve software, algorithms and product performance.
Your responsibilities include:
- You develop, deploy and maintain software for Bloomlife internal and external products
- You own and are responsible for specific software modules, and ensure quality and interoperability with other parts of the software stack
- Setup unit and integration testing, as well as the necessary environment and tools to monitor software performance
- Work in close collaboration with product engineers, algorithm, product engineers, with the goal to provide unit tested, robust and well-documented software modules for deployment in products
- Provide guidance on industry best practices around design, testing, and security
You’re a passionate software engineer, generalist and hobbyist. You master cloud based technologies and web application development. You're experienced or eager to learn Kotlin. You work fast without compromising on quality. You take a problem solving approach to software development. You get your motivation from developing products that delight our users. You care to put your skills to work on developing products that impact people’s lives, and are excited at the opportunity to work on medical device software.
To succeed in this role, you must have:
- Background in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent through experience
- 3+ year experience in cloud or web app development within an Agile or similar development environment
- Experience writing unit tests and testable code
Additionally, it will help to have:
- Experience shipping commercial products, from specs to development to release management
- Experience with IEC 62304 medical device software standard is a plus
- Experience with Linux, Docker and DevOps is a plus
Bloomlife is an award-winning start-up recognized for our vision to rethink prenatal care and impact the lives of families globally including winning Richard Branson’s Extreme Tech Challenge, J&J Quickfire Challenge Winner, MedTech Innovator Award, Ideas from Europe Finalist, CLIO Award Finalist, and speaking at the White House Precision Public Health Summit. Bloomlife also recently got FDA clearance for its prenatal wearable for monitoring maternal and fetal heart heart rate, setting new grounds to move prenatal check-ups from expensive hospital environments to the patient’s home.
You will join a dynamic and international team who’s passionate about using technologies for a better living. You are an early member of a growing start-up with recent successes and get to experience first hand the excitement of start-up life. Your work will be highly visible to company founders, directly shape our products and impact people’s lives, and open opportunities for personal and career development.
We offer a flexible work environment, remote work culture and a compensation package combining salary and stock options. You are based in our Liege or Eindhoven office.