Field Service Engineer
Yokogawa Fluence Analytics, which was named as a Top 50 global advanced manufacturing startup by CB Insights, provides patented process analytics and control solutions to polymer and biopharmaceutical customers worldwide. Yokogawa Fluence Analytics is a global leader in real-time polymer reaction monitoring and control, and its industry-leading ACOMP product is the only commercially available smart manufacturing system that continuously monitors and measures polymerization reactions.
The company’s biopharmaceutical product line includes a high-throughput static light scattering instrument that can independently measure the stability of biopolymers under thermal, chemical and/or mechanical stress, while also performing shelf-life stability studies at low temperatures.
The successful field service engineer has worked on field installations, startups and commissioning of instrumentation, analyzers or other complex equipment in industrial environments. This individual is highly motivated, an intuitive hands-on troubleshooter, and is willing to go above and beyond to get things done. Experience working with customers in high pressure situations and ability to quickly solve unexpected issues is very important. Background in either instrumentation, mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, chemistry, automation and control systems engineering are additional potential attributes of our ideal candidate. This position, working at a fast paced startup, is ideal for a self motivated individual looking for a challenge, a lot of responsibility, autonomy and willing and able to pitch in where they are needed.
Fluence in the Press:
What you will get to do:
- FIELD SERVICE AND SUPPORT ENGINEERING - Offsite, hands-on field installation, startup, troubleshooting, commissioning, service and support of company products for permanent or trial projects. Could require extended (up to 80%) travel domestically and internationally.
- DOCUMENTATION - Works closely with engineering and manufacturing team to plan the execution of builds, installations and startups with customers. Also works closely with customer and/or their engineering contractors during pre-installation all the way through ongoing customer service and support. Documents all aspects of work.
- CUSTOMER SUPPORT - Remote and offsite customer support for preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, customer personnel training, etc. Review sensor and instrument data. Documentation of all data, performance or customer issues. Work with the team on training and/or design solutions to problems from field experience.
- ASSEMBLY, TESTING AND CERTIFICATION - When onsite, works on assembly of analyzer systems, quality control and factory acceptance testing. Coordinates & prepares test documentation and certifications to validate functionality and performance for customers.
- PRODUCT ENGINEERING - When onsite, works with engineering team to provide feedback on system performance in the field, encountered issues, participate in design reviews, support R&D and testing.
- 3+ years' work experience in field engineering or application engineering roles. Ideally in petrochemical or related industrial applications working in field installation, startup and commissioning of process instrumentation, analyzers or other equipment.
- A.S. or B.S. in mechanical engineering, electrical, chemical engineering, chemistry or very closely related technical discipline with direct experience in fluidic systems, instrumentation and/or analyzers. Or relevant experience.
- High mechanical, hands-on aptitude for fluidic, instrumentation and/or analyzer equipment with demonstrated success working with these.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Previous roles working in or serving process industries or similar industrial manufacturing environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Very good at interacting with a team and with external stakeholders and customers.
- Self motivated, organized, diligent and capable of doing whatever it takes to complete projects, interact successfully with customers and demonstrate value of our products.
- Experience working with contractors and vendors utilizing clearly defined requirements.
Your bonus qualifications – a couple of these are a plus but not required!
- 5-7+ years in field service and support engineering roles. Ideally in petrochemical or related applications working in field installation, startup and commissioning of process instrumentation, analyzers or other equipment.
- Knowledge of polymer applications and chemistry.
- Experience or general understanding of industrial automation e.g. PLCs.
- Previous experience with sampling systems.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- Paid Time Off (Vacation and Holidays)