Yokogawa Fluence Analytics, which was named as a Top 50 global advanced manufacturing startup by CB Insights, provides patented process analytics and control solutions to polymer and biopharmaceutical customers worldwide. Yokogawa Fluence Analytics is a global leader in real-time polymer reaction monitoring and control, and its industry-leading ACOMP product is the only commercially available smart manufacturing system that continuously monitors and measures polymerization reactions.
The company’s biopharmaceutical product line includes a high-throughput static light scattering instrument that can independently measure the stability of biopolymers under thermal, chemical and/or mechanical stress, while also performing shelf-life stability studies at low temperatures.
YFA is looking for an experienced, highly motivated and enthusiastic, full-time Product Engineer who will work closely with the VP of Engineering as the company’s product engineer to meet accelerating demand for the company’s products. Previous experience working in engineering and/or manufacturing of optical and fluidic measuring instrumentation and products, and associated data processing is critical. The goal is to produce optical, fluidics, and electrochemical instruments with the highest degree of reliability and data quality, with clear performance specifications.
Fluence in the Press:
- Work with the engineering team to develop and deliver quality detector products
- Conceptualization and development of novel optical and fluidic product design improvements
- Provide methods for signal and data handling and processing in order to achieve the highest quality detector signals and their corresponding analysis
- Work with the engineering team to translate signal handling and process into robust software
- Design customized integration sub-systems for customer interface/project engineering
- Design and implement engineering and manufacturing processes, including procurement, defining required personnel and contract needs for execution
- Working with management and the team for execution of product roadmap
- Offsite, hands-on field installation, startup, troubleshooting, commissioning, service and support of company products for permanent or trial projects. Could require extended (up to 25%) travel domestically and internationally.
- B.S. in electrical engineering, physical science discipline or equivalent
- 3-5+ years in the design of optical and/or electrochemical sensors for chemical measurement, as well as fluid handling. Ideally, this experience should be spread across several technologies.
- Knowledge of signal processing software/firmware algorithms used in processing sensor signals.
- Ability to design and test circuits required to drive and process chemical sensors.
- Experience with sensor calibration to industry-level standards and the development of statistical algorithms for accuracy, precision, and reproducibility of measurements.
- Contract manufacturing/supply chain management experience
- Self-starter –efficient and effective in an environment requiring multitasking
- Capable of designing and implementing processes
- MS in engineering (mechanical or electrical preferred)
- 10-15+ years of hardware engineering and/or manufacturing experience
- Demonstrated experience in engineering leadership roles in a small and growing company
- Direct experience with process analyzer technologies for industrial applications
- Familiarity with software product integration with hardware
- Familiarity with data analytics tools
- Hands-on field experience in implementing stand-alone processes or analytical instruments in chemical industrial environments.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Health, dental and vision benefits with 100% of premiums covered by us
- Short Term Insentive Plan
- 401K w/ match
- Paid Time Off (Vacation and Holidays)
- $75/mo Gym Stipend
- Learning and Development Stipend