Industrial Automation Engineer
Yokogawa Fluence Analytics, which was named as a Top 50 global advanced manufacturing startup by CB Insights, provides patented process analytics and control solutions to polymer and biopharmaceutical customers worldwide. Yokogawa Fluence Analytics is a global leader in real-time polymer reaction monitoring and control, and its industry-leading ACOMP product is the only commercially available smart manufacturing system that continuously monitors and measures polymerization reactions.
The company’s biopharmaceutical product line includes a high-throughput static light scattering instrument that can independently measure the stability of biopolymers under thermal, chemical and/or mechanical stress, while also performing shelf-life stability studies at low temperatures.
The successful Automation Engineer is highly motivated, an intuitive hands-on troubleshooter, and has an inclination for programming. Ideal candidates should have relevant experience working in a industrial automation role for at least 2 years. Knowledge of automation and control systems engineering are additional potential attributes of our ideal candidate. This position, working at a fast paced startup, is ideal for a self motivated individual looking for a challenge to learn a variety of technologies and to become a full contributor on our team.
Fluence in the Press:
What you will get to do:
- Work with senior automation and control engineers to expand your knowledge of industrial automation and learn the tools and technologies used to create our products
- Develop sophisticated control systems and adapt them to meet the needs of our customers
- Create HMI / SCADA projects that control our analyzers and display real time analytics calculated by our proprietary analysis software
- Integrate various analyzers, instrumentation, communication, and control system equipment to work together
- Assist Software, Controls, Manufacturing and other types of engineers with industrial automation hardware and software tasks
- Work closely with the engineering and manufacturing team to plan the execution of builds, installations and startups with customers
- B.S. in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or computer science or related technical discipline. Or relevant experience
- 2+ years of work experience in automation engineering
- Experience with HMIs / SCADAs through Inductive Automation’s Ignition platform
- Knowledge of or experience programming PLCs, particularly Rockwell Allen-Bradley
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Self-motivated, organized, and capable of self-education when knowledge gaps are discovered
- Ability to work in a team environment on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel 10% per year to client sites
Your bonus qualifications – a couple of these are a plus but not required!
- 2+ years of work experience in automation engineering, ideally with fluidic systems, instrumentation and/or analyzers
- 2+ years working in petrochemical or related industrial applications working in field installation, startup, and commissioning of process instrumentation, analyzers, or other equipment
- Experience with databases such as Postgres or MySQL
- Demonstrable programming or scripting experience using python
- Experience or general understanding of industrial automation
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Health, dental and vision benefits with 100% of premiums covered by us
- $75/mo Gym Stipend
- Learning and Development Stipend
- 401K w/ company match
- Paid Time Off (Vacation and Holidays)