Yokogawa Fluence Analytics, which was named as a Top 50 global advanced manufacturing startup by CB Insights, provides patented process analytics and control solutions to polymer and biopharmaceutical customers worldwide. Yokogawa Fluence Analytics is a global leader in real-time polymer reaction monitoring and control, and its industry-leading ACOMP product is the only commercially available smart manufacturing system that continuously monitors and measures polymerization reactions.
The company’s biopharmaceutical product line includes a high-throughput static light scattering instrument that can independently measure the stability of biopolymers under thermal, chemical and/or mechanical stress, while also performing shelf-life stability studies at low temperatures.
ARGEN™ is a laboratory benchtop, multi-cell, static light scattering instrument offered within our Biopharma product portfolio. It is utilized to continuously monitor the dynamics and stability of therapeutic proteins, peptides, and biopolymers under various thermal, chemical, or mechanical environments and stress conditions.
YFA is searching for a full-time, experienced, highly motivated and enthusiastic, collaborative Optoelectronic Engineer who will work closely with the Vice President of Engineering to meet the increased demand for our products and technologies. Previous experience working in engineering and/or manufacturing of optical and fluidic measuring instrumentation products, sample cooling, nitrogen/dry air purging, and associated data processing is highly desired. Our goal is to produce optical, fluidics, and electrochemical instrumentation with the highest degree of reliability and data quality, with defined performance specifications.
Fluence in the Press:
- Work collaboratively with the engineering team to develop and deliver precision detector products
- Conceptualization and development of novel optical and fluidic product design improvements
- Provide methods for signal and data handling and processing in order to achieve the highest quality detector signals and corresponding analysis
- Work with the engineering team to translate signal handling and process into robust softwareDesign customized integration sub-systems for customer interface/project engineering
- Design and implement engineering and manufacturing processes, defining required personnel and contract needs for execution
- Working with management and the team for the execution of the product roadma
- BS in optical engineering, electrical engineering, electronics engineering, engineering physics, physics or related field
- 2-4+ years in the design of optical and/or optoelectronic sensors for chemical measurement, as well as fluid handling. Ideally, this experience should be spread across several technologies.
- Knowledge of signal processing software/firmware algorithms used in processing sensor signals
- Ability to design and test circuits required to operate chemical sensors
- Capable of reviewing mechanical CAD for design and manufacturing
- Experience with sensor and/or detector calibration to industry-level reliability standards and the development of statistical algorithms for accuracy, precision, and reproducibility of measurements
- Contract engineering/manufacturing/supply chain management experience
- Self-starter –efficient and effective in an environment requiring multitasking
- Capable of designing and implementing processes
- MS or Ph.D in engineering (optical or electrical preferred)
- 5-7+ years of hardware engineering and/or manufacturing experience
- Experience in engineering roles in a small and growing company
- Experince with light scattering
- Direct experience with laboratory instrumentation technologies
- Familiarity with software product integration with hardware
- Familiarity with data analytics tools
- Hands-on field experience in implementing stand-alone processes or analytical instruments in chemical industrial environments.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Health, dental and vision benefits with 100% of premiums covered by us
- 401K w/ up to 6% match
- Paid Time Off (Vacation and Holidays)
- $75/mo Gym Stipend
- Learning and Development Stipend