Senior Collections Specialist - Remote
Navigate financial tides to fuel education success
MasteryPrep, a growth leader in the EdTech space, seeks an astute and proactive Sr. Collections Specialist. In this pivotal role, you will take the lead on our receivables portfolio, implementing effective strategies for timely collections, and fostering positive relationships with our clients. This is a unique opportunity to contribute at a company with purpose – margin, with a mission.
We're seeking a dynamic professional, adept at problem-solving and ready to embrace the challenges that come with managing receivables in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. Your expertise will be instrumental in minimizing financial risk, enhancing our cash flow, and collaborating with our sales and customer service teams to ensure client satisfaction and financial stability.
MasteryPrep offers a unique platform for career progression, skill enhancement, and meaningful work. Alongside a competitive compensation and benefits package, we foster a collaborative, inclusive culture, and emphasize work-life balance.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Manage all collections activities, ensuring minimal past-due balances
- Potentially supervise other collections specialist(s)
- Report weekly activities and at-risk accounts to the CFO
- Collaborate with Sales and Support teams to address customer concerns regarding payments or credit requests
- Work with the Accounting Manager and CFO to streamline invoicing processes
- Build relationships with customers' Accounting Departments for timely collections and issue identification
- Consistently following up with customers to maintain account health and ensure prompt payments
Nearly 90% of low-income students graduate high school without a college-ready ACT or SAT score. MasteryPrep’s mission is to level the playing field in education by offering the most effective test preparation available – made accessible to all students.
Through 10 successful years of partnering with school districts and institutions on college readiness services and resources, MasteryPrep has surpassed one million students served since the company’s founding in 2012.
MasteryPrep increased its student outreach by 70 percent in 2021 and is ranked among the Inc. 5000 “Fastest Growing Companies,” featured by “Entrepreneur 360,” and selected among the “Growth Leaders” by Louisiana Economic Development.
When we ask our employees what they love most about working for MasteryPrep, it comes down to the mission, the people and the challenge.
- The mission: Ever had a day when you just don’t feel like getting out of bed and working? We don’t. We have a strong mission that truly changes lives and it motivates us each day to get up, get together, get better and get things done.
- The people: MasteryPrep is as diverse as the student population we serve and we value our employees as people, not just the position they fill. We have bicyclists, book nerds, musicians, basketball players, video gamers, and one person who has an insanely green thumb. No really. She can grow anything!
- The challenge: We believe that with everything we do, we should make it awesome. We don’t believe in “average,” “run-of-the-mill,” or “ordinary.” And “good enough” isn’t in our vocabulary. We’re growing tremendously and won’t stop until every student has access to a better future. Bring your experience, skills and creativity here – and you’ll find MasteryPrep is a place to contribute and feel valued.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in collections, with a proven track record of successful receivables management
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field preferred
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Outlook suite, including Excel
- Strong ability to foster relationships with clients and internal teams
- Experience in building or refining collections processes
- Prior experience in K-8 or the educational sector is a plus
- Familiarity with Salesforce and Maxio/SaaS Optics software is a plus
- Experience managing others is a plus
- Deep belief in the potential of all students and a passion for MasteryPrep’s mission
- Respect for individuals’ diverse experiences and the ability to work effectively with people from a variety of backgrounds
- $60,000 starting salary
- Employee benefits eligibility (health, disability, AD&D, life insurance)
- Optional dental and vision coverage
- Matching 401k
- Paid time off
- Generous paid holidays
- Ability to work fully remote
- Company supplied laptop