Director of Sales - Partnerships (SW) - REMOTE
Grow your career while leveling the playing field in education
Have you been searching for more fulfillment in your sales career? Ever thought about selling something meaningful that comes with an opportunity to change lives? Advance your career with one of the fastest-growing college and career readiness companies and join our team of smart and driven individuals – united for the common goal of helping students succeed. We’re looking for an experienced sales professional with a proven track record of winning new business and developing new sales territories. The ideal candidate is passionate, competitive, curious, and looking for accelerated growth!
MasteryPrep works directly with school districts across the nation to make high-quality test prep accessible to students. Now more than ever, school districts need the services that MasteryPrep offers. Your wins will help change the landscape of public education and the trajectory of students’ lives. Bring your sales skills – we’ll train you to sell in the education space. Are you up for the challenge?
Responsibilities will include:
- Prospect for potential new customers and converting them into new business
- Cold call as appropriate to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities
- Work with the team to develop proposals that address the customer’s needs, concerns, and objectives
- Use knowledge of the market and competitors to identify and develop unique selling propositions and differentiators
- Collaborate proactively within the Sales team, and with Product, Marketing, and Operations
- Relay feedback and market insights from customers back to our product and marketing teams, driving our commitment to continuous improvement
- Document and maintain meticulous records of sales activities, client interactions, and other relevant data to inform future strategies and decisions
Nearly 90% of low-income students graduate high school without a college-ready ACT or SAT score. MasteryPrep’s mission is to level the playing field in education by offering the most effective test preparation available – made accessible to all students.
Through 10 successful years of partnering with school districts and institutions on college readiness services and resources, MasteryPrep has surpassed one million students served since the company’s founding in 2012.
MasteryPrep increased its student outreach by 70 percent in 2021 and is ranked among the Inc. 5000 “Fastest Growing Companies,” featured by “Entrepreneur 360,” and selected among the “Growth Leaders” by Louisiana Economic Development.
When we ask our employees what they love most about working for MasteryPrep, it comes down to the mission, the people, and the challenge.
- The mission: Ever had a day when you just don’t feel like getting out of bed and working? We don’t. We have a strong mission that truly changes lives and it motivates us each day to get up, get together, get better and get things done.
- The people: MasteryPrep is as diverse as the student population we serve and we value our employees as people, not just the position they fill. We have bicyclists, book nerds, musicians, basketball players, video gamers, and one person who has an insanely green thumb. No really. She can grow anything!
- The challenge: We believe that with everything we do, we should make it awesome. We don’t believe in “average,” “run-of-the-mill,” or “ordinary.” And “good enough” isn’t in our vocabulary. We’re growing tremendously and won’t stop until every student has access to a better future. Bring your experience, skills and creativity here – and you’ll find MasteryPrep is a place to contribute and feel valued.
- 5+ years experience in outside sales securing new business
- College degree (Business, Sales or other related field) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Outreach or similar lead-tracking platform experience preferred
- Education sales experience is a plus but not required
- Valid driver's license
- Resident of NM, NV, UT, AZ or TX (El Paso)
- Willingness to travel within a sales territory (local/regional) on weekdays
- Excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills
- Experience with Salesforce or comparable CRM tool
- Proficient in relevant computer applications (Microsoft Office 365)
- Deep belief in the potential of all students and a passion for MasteryPrep’s mission
- Respect for individuals' diverse experiences and the ability to work effectively with people from a variety of background
- $80-$120K base, plus generous commission plan with total target compensation of $225,000
- Quarterly bonuses
- No cap on commission
- President’s Club
- Prospects and territory provided
- Company supplied laptop
- Company paid cell phone
- Vehicle mileage
- Ongoing training and development
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- Disability, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching
- Generous paid holidays, personal, and vacation days