Social Studies Curriculum Developer - Contractor
Shape the Lessons that Define Generations
Are you passionate about history and social studies? Do you have a knack for transforming complex topics into engaging and understandable lessons? Looking to channel your skills towards a meaningful impact? Work alongside our team of dedicated professionals, focused on a mission of student success.
This contract role demands strong writing skills and a deep passion for education. As an integral part in our mission to level the educational playing field, you'll collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to reach students through:
- Content creation for a wide variety of lesson materials, including online and print resources
- Collaborating with a team (including assessment item writers, graphic designers, and quality control managers) to complete projects
- Developing test questions that adhere to the style and format of particular standardized tests
- Performing quality control on various aspects of the product
- Evaluating real test questions as inspiration for specific lessons
- Ensuring that all lesson content is engaging, accurate, and effective
This is a 1099 contract position. We are looking for multiple contractors for an approximately 3-month engagement, with the end goal being an offer of full-time employment if there is mutual interest.
- Must be willing to commit to 10 hours per week
- $40/hour pay rate
- Coaching and feedback daily
Nearly 90% of low-income students graduate high school without a college-ready ACT or SAT score. MasteryPrep’s mission is to level the playing field in education by offering the most effective test preparation available – made accessible to all students.
Through 10 successful years of partnering with school districts and institutions on college readiness services and resources, MasteryPrep has surpassed one million students served since the company’s founding in 2012.
MasteryPrep increased its student outreach by 70 percent in 2021 and is ranked among the Inc. 5000 “Fastest Growing Companies,” featured by “Entrepreneur 360,” and selected among the “Growth Leaders” by Louisiana Economic Development.
- 2+ years of curriculum development experience
- A strong understanding of key instructional concepts, including scaffolding, Socratic seminars, and test-taking skills and strategies
- Experience with standardized testing, including ACT, SAT, and EOC/EOG
- Leadership and coaching skills
- A willingness to adapt and learn as the responsibilities of your role evolve
- Ability to prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks with strong attention to detail
- Exceptional writing skills; creative writing experience is a plus
- Deep belief in the potential of all students and a passion for MasteryPrep’s mission
- Respect for individuals' diverse experiences and the ability to work effectively with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Ability to clear a background check
This is a 1099 contract position with a pay rate of $40/hr.