Science and Biology Curriculum Developer - Contractor
Craft Lessons that Illuminate Minds and Elevate Futures
Have you ever marveled at the intricacies of living organisms and the delicate balance of ecosystems? Do you have a knack for translating complex scientific concepts into engaging and understandable lessons? If you're eager to inspire the next generation of scientists, join our team of dedicated and innovative educators. We're on a mission to make science captivating, relatable, and accessible to all students.
This role demands a deep understanding of scientific principles, exceptional writing skills, and a passion for education. As a content expert, you'll collaborate with our development team to ignite curiosity and foster a love for science in students through:
- Content creation for a wide variety of lesson materials, both online and print
- Collaborating with a cross-functional team, including assessment item writers, graphic designers, and quality control managers
- Developing test questions that adhere to the style and format of standardized tests like the ACT, SAT, and EOC exams
- Performing quality control checks on various aspects of the product
- Evaluating real test questions to inspire specific lessons
This is a 1099 contract position. We are looking for multiple contractors for an approximately 3-month engagement, with the end goal being an offer of full-time employment if there is mutual interest.
- Must be willing to commit to 10 hours per week
- $40/hour pay rate
- Coaching and feedback daily
Nearly 90% of low-income students graduate high school without a college-ready ACT or SAT score. MasteryPrep’s mission is to level the playing field in education by offering the most effective test preparation available – made accessible to all students.
Through 10 successful years of partnering with school districts and institutions on college readiness services and resources, MasteryPrep has surpassed one million students served since the company’s founding in 2012.
MasteryPrep increased its student outreach by 70 percent in 2021 and is ranked among the Inc. 5000 “Fastest Growing Companies,” featured by “Entrepreneur 360,” and selected among the “Growth Leaders” by Louisiana Economic Development.
- 2+ years of curriculum development experience
- A strong understanding of key instructional concepts, including scaffolding and test-taking strategies
- Experience with standardized testing, including ACT, SAT, and EOC/EOG
- Leadership and coaching skills
- Ability to prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks with strong attention to detail
- Exceptional writing skills; creative writing experience is a plus
- Deep belief in the potential of all students and a passion for MasteryPrep’s mission
- Respect for individuals' diverse experiences and the ability to work effectively with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Ability to clear a background check
This is a 1099 contract position with a pay rate of $40/hr.