Education Product Manager - REMOTE
Lead the Evolution of EdTech Platforms with MasteryPrep
Can you envision a world where education is seamlessly integrated with technology, making learning accessible and engaging for all? Are you adept at translating user needs into actionable product features? If you're driven by the desire to shape the future of educational platforms, we invite you to be a part of our mission-driven team. At MasteryPrep, we're dedicated to leveling the playing field in education, and we believe that our platform is a key pillar in that journey.
As the Product Manager for our platform, you're responsible for defining and executing the product vision, ensuring alignment with business objectives, and meeting user needs. You will collaborate closely with various departments, from tech to marketing, ensuring cohesive product development and launches. Owning both the strategy and detailed nuances of our platform, your analytical, data-driven, and user-centric approach will drive our product's success.
We are in search of a strategic individual with product management expertise. The ideal applicant will helm the product vision, ensuring the delivery of innovative features and enhancements that meet the needs of our diverse user base. Responsibilities include:
- Maintain the Product Roadmap: Keep the product roadmap updated, reflecting the strategic direction and priorities for the platform.
- Write User Stories: Define and document user stories for all features, ensuring clarity and alignment with user needs.
- Product Vision Ownership: Collaboratively own the product vision with the CPO, ensuring it aligns with the broader company objectives.
- Market Research: Conduct market research through customer interviews and other methodologies to understand user needs and market dynamics.
- Technical Collaboration: Work closely with the tech team on UI/UX design, monitor feature progress, and give final sign-off on completed features.
- Cross-Departmental Collaboration: Coordinate with various departments to ensure a smooth product launch.
- Knowledge Hub: Serve as the primary source of knowledge and information related to the platform, ensuring all team members and stakeholders have clarity.
- Financial Ownership: Take responsibility for the platform's financial success throughout its lifespan.
- Performance Ownership: Ensure the platform's efficiency, usability, and overall effectiveness.
- Reporting: Produce comprehensive and detailed reports for the executive management team and Board of Directors on product performance, user metrics, and other relevant KPIs.
Nearly 90% of low-income students graduate high school without a college-ready ACT or SAT score. MasteryPrep’s mission is to level the playing field in education by offering the most effective test preparation available – made accessible to all students.
Through 10 successful years of partnering with school districts and institutions on college readiness services and resources, MasteryPrep has surpassed one million students served since the company’s founding in 2012.
MasteryPrep increased its student outreach by 70 percent in 2021 and is ranked among the Inc. 5000 “Fastest Growing Companies,” featured by “Entrepreneur 360,” and selected among the “Growth Leaders” by Louisiana Economic Development.
When we ask our employees what they love most about working for MasteryPrep, it comes down to the mission, the people, and the challenge.
- The mission: Ever had a day when you just don’t feel like getting out of bed and working? We don’t. We have a strong mission that truly changes lives and it motivates us each day to get up, get together, get better and get things done.
- The people: MasteryPrep is as diverse as the student population we serve and we value our employees as people, not just the position they fill. We have bicyclists, book nerds, musicians, basketball players, video gamers, and one person who has an insanely green thumb. No really. She can grow anything!
- The challenge: We believe that with everything we do, we should make it awesome. We don’t believe in “average,” “run-of-the-mill,” or “ordinary.” And “good enough” isn’t in our vocabulary. We’re growing tremendously and won’t stop until every student has access to a better future. Bring your experience, skills and creativity here – and you’ll find MasteryPrep is a place to contribute and feel valued.
- 5+ years of product management experience.
- Strategic thinking and the ability to make data-driven decisions.
- A user-centric approach to product development.
- Strong stakeholder collaboration skills.
- Financial acumen to understand and drive product profitability.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Experience using Dropbox, Slack, and Microsoft and Google ecosystems.
- Experience with product management tools (e.g., Aha!, Productboard, Roadmunk, etc.) is a plus.
- Dedicated remote workspace with stable internet, webcam, and microphone.
- Deep belief in the potential of all students and a passion for MasteryPrep’s mission
- Respect for individuals’ diverse experiences and the ability to work effectively with people from a variety of backgrounds
Pay: starting at $80K
- $80,000 starting salary based on qualifications
- Employee benefits eligibility (health, disability, AD&D, life insurance)
- Optional dental and vision coverage
- Matching 401k
- Paid time off
- Generous paid holidays
- Ability to work fully remote
- Company supplied laptop