Senior Software Engineer
Performance Health Partners
New Orleans, LA, USA
Posted on Saturday, March 4, 2023
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer Supervisor: Vice PresidentAt Performance Health Partners (PHP), our mission is to partner with health care systems to develop and implement cloud-based software to manage patient safety, quality improvement, compliance activities, and operations.Performance Health Partners utilizes a software platform to deliver key solutions, and then provides on-going support and services to facilitate improvements throughout the life of the client engagement. Job SummaryWe are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team to further develop and maintain a newly released HIPAA-compliant, Ruby on Rails application. You will have access to contractors and consultants to assist in the initial knowledge transfer to pass along ownership of the application. This is a hybrid position where 2-3 days per week are spent in-office with the remaining days remote. Job Duties
- Serve as technical lead for the application and cloud environment.
- Work closely with product and design teams, as well as other engineers to deliver new features and resolve bugs.
- Plan and develop the technical direction of new functionality.
- Write readable, maintainable code that is built to scale and accounts for errors and edge cases.
- Review code.
- Establish and adhere to a structured process for QA and release management, including automated testing.
- Ensure all technical decisions align with company’s security and privacy requirements.
- Provide weekly updates to internal teams on the status of development work.
- Troubleshoot, research, and solve technical issues independently and with little direction.
- Work with client IT and dev teams to set up SSOs and EHR interfaces.
- Maintain relationships with third-party vendors and communicate and resolve related issues.
- Support the implementation and support team with data imports, exports, and analysis.
- Effectively communicate technical information to non-technical stakeholders.
- Create internal and external facing documentation.
- Remain current with industry trends and best practices.
- Minimum five (5) years experience.
- Strong computer science and engineering fundamentals.
- Experience building large scale applications to production.
- Preferred- B.S. or M.S in computer science or related field.
- Preferred- Experience working for a SaaS organization.
- Preferred- Experience with business intelligence tools such as Power BI, Tableau, etc.
- Ruby, Rails, React, Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch, Heroku, and AWS.
- RESTful APIs.
- HTML and CSS.
- Working knowledge of GitHub and version control best practices.
- Understanding of single sign-on, specifically SAML 2.0.
- Preferred- Understanding of EHR interfaces, specifically the HL7 FHIR standard.
- Education and experience may be considered when job offers are extended.
- PTO, Health, Dental, Vision, Wellness, and 401K benefits available for qualifying candidates.